Purples, coral, and yellow tones were all popular choices for summer of 2012 bridesmaid dresses. Summertime is busy in the world of weddings, and summer brides have more choices than ever when picking out bridesmaids’ dresses. This summer had a definite feminine feel, and the little strapless dress had almost been erased with interesting straps and necklines.
1) The one shoulder dress in draped chiffon was incredibly popular due to its light but flirty look. Many brides opted to go with a modest knee length version that is fitting for both day and evening weddings. Easily dressed up or dressed down depending on the wedding venue, this is surely a dress that attendees will get more than one wear out of.
2) Empire-waisted, mid length dresses with a tied high neck was another hot choice for bridesmaids in 2012. It was definitely a fresh feel after so many strapless options in previous seasons. This figure flattering style easily plays up the bust without being revealing. Meanwhile, the empire waist is a classic look reminiscent of Grecian goddesses.
3) More structured sheath dresses played up the simple elegance of this classic style with dramatic details. Cascade ruffles at the shoulder and clearly defined waists made this the look for fashion forward bridesmaids. Muted colors, especially the white made popular by Pippa Middleton, kept the focus on the style of the dress. This is ideal for formal weddings.
4) The strapless dress for summer 2012 had a refocused 1950s glamour. Full skirts, incredibly cinched waists, and detailed knee length skirts with pickups brought new life to this classic favorite. Bridesmaids continued the reimagination of this classic style with bold jewelry and trendy hairstyles.
5) The floor length flowing chiffon gowns with detailed bodices were another favorite for 2012. Floor length gowns are not always expected in summer but done in such a light fabric they perfectly capture the romance of a summer wedding. Bodices featured detailed such as ruching and unique neck lines.
These are five popular bridesmaid dresses seen during the summer of 2012. A bride that is more traditional can tap into the trends by featuring current hot styles in classic colors. To find more fashion styles, check out bridesmaid dresses online from WeddingtonWay.